Thursday, September 14, 2006

DASH—ING

Isn’t this feeling totally hip-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Hop
Love to do a crazy flip-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Flop
Off that mountain’s tip-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Top
Don’t wipe the tears' drip-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Drop

I laughed terribly like a hee-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Haw
Looked far but could not see-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Saw
Tried to paint could barely D-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Raw
So I lie resigned to enter pre-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Law

I played some music in a riff-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Raff
I hit a note so high like a G-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Raf
I tried to choke down that pi-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Laf
Washed it down with black de-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Caf

He told me he’d bust my knee-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Cap
So I set up a stinging bee-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Trap
Now he lies in a total rip-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Rap
That’s what I call a huge mis-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Hap

I wanted to order without de-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Lay
The salesman said I had to pre-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Pay
He looked at me as if it were D-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Day
Then scanned my item with X-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Ray

She wasn’t gorgeous just drop-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Dead
It gave me a fever and a hot-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Head
I couldn’t even enter pre-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Med
So now I turn to read the op-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Ed

I never knew the lyrics to sing-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Song
Is that the front door’s ding-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Dong
I thought I was larger than king-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Kong
And life is the bounce of ping-
mmmmmmmmmmm-Pong

Some are diamonds, some just rust.
But when all crashes,
All are alike: from dust to dust
D-ashes to d-ashes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

I gotta say I enjoyed reading this one, even though I did get lost a few times...

It gave me a fever and a hot-
-Head
I couldn’t even enter pre-
-Med

???

But hey, I know nothing about poetry, maybe one day I’ll understand :)

9/17/2006 5:08 AM  
Blogger ponys are people too said...

not bad. i sort of like how there's a visual component too-- and how format and presentation can be just as significant as the content, you know? or how the real content doesnt even have to be in the words because it can be in how the words look or what they sound like or what your face does when you say them, or something. i mean, not that you were doing all that, but i'm just saying. its an idea thats been coming up a lot lately and your bit just reminded me. just thought i'd uhh drop that bomb.

9/17/2006 9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::big smile::

9/17/2006 10:49 PM  
Blogger jakeyology said...

SHAIGITZ: if you don't get lost you can't get found :)

earlier in the poem he says that he can "barely d-raw (can't be an artist) so he enters pre-law(becomes a boring lawyer); later he laments how even his "straightness" is limited to law and he's too dumb to become a doctor. (there are 3 Jewish mother nachas levels: doctor, lawyer and lowly accountant.)
i'm too lazy to explain the whole thing; maybe tomorrow.

ponies r people: long time no speak. but ye i was trying to get a little visual: the first hyphenated word is hip-hop and i was trying to make the visual kinda hip-hop'ish.

another blog: :)

9/18/2006 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is GREAT
good on you jakey

9/19/2006 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home